A year of Poverty, Painting and Food: Twelve years in catering over, my aim is to paint full time. Stu, my other half, is stuck as a chef feeding the x-thousand over an Edinburgh winter. His cooking tips and budgeting are propelling us through the year on a tenner a day, while I paint.. No comparison to Pablo's talent; I have just named my blog after the Paris studio where he suffered the twin purgatory of poverty and artistic ambition on the cusp.. I am emerging!

Monday 16 May 2011

Long pause, new beginnings

We have taken the plunge and opened our business, hence the long pause in postings on Bateau-Lavoir days...
hate to mention the words 'dream' and 'rollercoaster' but both apply in their somewhat over-used way. Some days I am in a 'pinch myself or I won't believe it' mode, others I am still wallowing in self doubt and wondering if I have made the first step on a road to disaster. Luckily I am usually in the former frame of mind. After a year of writing something that was swerving dangerously close to a kind of confessional/therapy I am still stunned that we managed to achieve all that we have so far. I am genuinely amazed at how the premises shaped up in just over a month from an empty shell with a whole range of attached problems and hurdles to a fully functioning gallery and cafe that is a joy to work in.
Now I have taken the plunge and re-visited this blog I will continue to update both here and on our new blog/website at www.bonpapillon.com
It is the last day of our first week of trading and I am utterly exhausted, looking forward to a long sleep and a bit of taking stock of all that has happened so quickly. Then onwards and upwards; it's the only path available as far as I can see... no room for doubt and no time to fit it in anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment